Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Challenges to be New and Fresh

There is one consistent fact of education: the students are going to be there, and they need to be educated. Now today was a good day. I seemed to have all the answers. Last Thursday, I had very few answers--even to the most elementary of questions. Here is a great quote that sums it all up: (It is from Darren Draper on Friday, June 15, 2007).

  • No matter how good it went today, the kids will always be back tomorrow.
  • No matter how bad it went today, the kids will always be back tomorrow.

I'm so glad it doesn't depend on me. On days like last Thursday, I found some very wise teacher friends and soaked in some of their wisdom. I didn't whine or complain about how I felt so unprepared, but sat back in a meeting and listened to what they had to say. There were lesson plan ideas full of preparation. There were mountains of patience to be seen. I felt much better knowing that maybe I could "grow up" to be like them some day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.